Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, June 9, 2009

How to save a broken nail (and it really works!)





Do you ever break your nail well below the nail bed? I seem to be really hard on my nails and this happens about once every few months. Usually I end up clipping my nail down and suffering in slight pain for a while before the break grows and moves its way up past the nail bed. The worst part about this kind of break is that it usually means I must clip all of my nails down so they're uniform in size. Well, I am here to tell you those are days are now officially over!

I recently received a shipment of Fing'rs nail products to try, and when I saw the Brush-On Nail Glue, I was actually kind of hoping to break a nail just so I could test it out. Well it finally happened and, as you can see from the pic above, the break was pretty far down on my nail bed. Ouch!

I followed the directions on the bottle of Fing'rs Brush-On Nail Glue (around $2 at your local drugstore) and cleaned my nail so that it was free of oils. Then, I applied the glue, which was SO easy thanks to the brush (see pic) and held the break in place with a pair of tweezers. I waited a few minutes until it was dry, and then I used a nail buffer to gently buff the glue until it was smooth. Super easy, super fast. Just how I like things to be.

As you can see in the last pic, taken after buffing the dried glue, you can barely see the crack. I mean, you really have to struggle, even in real life, to see it. Fabulous! Also, I have washed several dishes, taken two showers and used hand cream several times since I repaired the break and this glue has survived it all. And when I say survived, I mean the break will not budge. I even test it sometimes by pushing down on the break and it just does not move. Success!!

I can't recommend this product enough, and I am SO glad I finally have a real (and extremely inexpensive) solution to those below-the-nail-bed breaks. Do you use Fing'rs Brush-On Nail Glue? I'd love to know your thoughts and if you've ever tried gluing a completely broken nail tip back on (my next mission).

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and gratis samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. wow! look how far cameras have come since 2009!! Now you are able to take pictures comparing pore size! :D

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig